Would you believe, as I write this it’s only Tuesday evening and I’m already drained? How do Monday and Tuesday get away with treating us like this? It’s an outrage I say! In order to remedy ‘dem mid-week feels’, here’s a list of fun and lovely things that might make you feel a teensy bit better heading into the latter half of the week.
- I very much need this print from Draw! Pilgrim. It’s sentiment sums up life philosophy very accurately. Check it out here.
- On a similar note, I also desperately want this T-Shirt that proclaims ‘I like plants better than people!’. Arguably, that’s not necessarily a nice thing, depending on how much of a misanthrope, or conversely, how much of a plant lover you are. Get it on Etsy here.
- I recently saw The Danish Girl, and it’s rather an incredible story of love on many levels. But let’s forget Eddie Redmayne for a second (just kidding, I love you Eddie). I now have a big ol’ lady-crush on Alicia Vikander. Her performance is infinitely complex and wonderful. Also, costumes! Beautiful 1920s costumes! Gah!
- The new issue of frankie magazine arrived in my letter box today, which is always extremely nice. Just look at all the colours!
5. Believe it or not, I am a winter person. I prefer the cold (*gasp!*). That’s why I’m a bit keen on downloading the crochet pattern for this impossibly chunky blanket (seriously, it’s so chunky!), getting out my crochet hook, and dreaming of hot-chocolates, open fires, thick socks, shuffle-y slippers and gorgeous winter coats. Bring it on.
7. I only just discovered Tom Rosenthal’s music, and it’s thoroughly great. He’s a bit folky and quirky (look up his song ‘Watermelon’ if you don’t believe me), with a voice not unlike Johnny Flynn’s. He also seems to collaborate with illustrators, because all his album artwork is wonderful. I love this simple animated clip for his song ‘It’s Ok’:
What’s keeping you bright and happy this week? Have you discovered any new music? Do you prefer plants to people? Do tell! 🙂