Does Thursday count as mid-week, or is it too close to the end of the week? Does the weekend count as part of the week or is it it’s own thing? I’m asking the hard-hitting questions here. Regardless, I think we can always use a bit of a pick-me-up to get us through to Friday, so here are some things that have made me smile this week.
- Weaving gradients. I’ve recently learned to mix colours and create gradients in my weavings, and it’s set off and flurry of creative ideas in my mind, and different ways to play with colour. I’m not quite sure what this little wip (work in progress) above will turn out to be once I’ve added the peach colour, but I have a few fun ideas…
- I love reading about creative types, and I loved reading this article about quirky cake baker Katherine Sabbath on Extraordinary Routines. I love how down-to-earth Katherine’s story is! I would love to get into creative cake decorating like Katherine, but sadly I never have an occasion to make a decadent cake, so I’d just have to eat it all myself. Soooo…anyone for a cake party? 😉
- Possibly the best thing that’s happened in my life this week is learning about the Finnish president’s dog, Lennu. Look, just click here, look at his ridiculous little face, and thank me later.
- I really like Danish illustrator Marloes De Vrie’s comics, particularly the ones about #adulting, like the one below. I really relate to it, and it makes me feel less bad about being a walking mess.
- And finally, I’ve really been enjoying this super cute song by Alex the Astronaut this week.
What cute/silly/fun/inspiring things are getting you through to the weekend? Let me know in the comments 🙂