I have been fortunate enough to spend the last three weeks by the beach, reading, weaving and taking the occasional nap. In that wonderful, alternate universe, days of the week had little meaning. But alas, I have come heavily crashing back to reality, as I’m back at my day job this week, and I am once again subjected to structure, routine, and very little nap time (in fact none. No nap time). I am definitely in need of a mid-week pick me up, and if you’re in the same boat, read on my friend, for a list of nice things!
- Lovers of colour and tiny things, this one’s for you. Tiny PMS Match is a blog dedicated to matching tiny objects to their Patone colours. Click here to soak up this rainbow of adorableness.
- Any BBC Sherlock fans out there? The Christmas special episode, ‘The Abominable Bride’ came out on January 2nd and it’s absolutely glorious. I properly geeked out and went to see it at a special cinema screening. If you haven’t seen it already, you absolutely must, and if you have, let’s nerd out together in the comments!
- I love this post on Meet Me At Mike’s about being a ‘Cake Cheat’, AKA being inconsistent. It’s all about how it’s ok to like different things, and you’re not necessarily flaky and inauthentic if you’re tastes change. It made me feel like everything was A-Ok! Let’s all like the things we like, judgement free! Read it here.
- I have a bit of a thing for reading about creatives, their processes and creative lives, and this week I enjoyed reading about craft artist Kitiya Palaskas on Extraordinary Routines. Kitiya makes really wild and colourful things, and you can read the interview here.
- I posted about my love of the sisterhood here, and continuing on that theme, Girl’s creator Lena Dunham recently released a podcast called ‘Women of the Hour‘, in which she talks to a host of first-rate females about a range of topics, from work, to love, to friendship and more. It’s a bit ace, and you can listen to it here.
- This gif is less of a nice thing, and more of a ‘sad but true, laugh in recognition because if you didn’t, you’d cry’ thing that I’m sure some of you makers and creatives out there can relate to…
Whoops, sorry to finish on a downer there… Are you back at work for 2016, or are you living it up on holidays in blissful ignorance of what day of the week it is? Have you come across any things that have made you smile this week? Do share!